Fashion Finder

Monday, July 7, 2008

MAC Junkies on a Budget: Cheap MAC Makeup Alternatives

Cheap MAC eyeshadow
I have been desperately trying to find some cosmetic brands that have funky highly pigmented eyeshadow shades similar to MAC or NARS. After reading on a few forums that NYX is a cheap alternative, I hit the drug stores to check it out. Although I didn't find any NYX eyeshadows, I found something just as good if not better. It's called Jesse's Girl Eye Dust (available at Rite Aid Drug Stores or jessesgirlcosmetics. Their pigments are generally pastel colors and they aren't just pretty in the bottle, they come out gorgeous on your skin too. It really is high-intensity color. At only $3.99 a pop, I bought 6 of them and layered and blended to create a mermaid-like look just for fun. It came out looking great. I will definitely go back and buy some more!

No comments: